Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Mike Show : Episode 1 - The Crazy Lady

Sometimes scenes from my life flash by me like a clip from an old television show. There is no rhyme or reason as to which segment from my life will pop up. Ususally it's something crazy that just happened out of the blue. When this occurs I try to remember the dialog as close to word for word as I can, so as to take myself on a brief trip back in time.

The following is one of those strange mental clips that suddenly appeared in the front row of my memory. This is a true story. Warning. It has no beginning, middle or end. It is what it is, and what it is...actually happened.

It was around 1980 or '81. I was living in New York City and minding my own business walking down Broadway on my way home from work, when this woman approached me.

WOMAN: Stop it!

MIKE: What?

WOMAN: You heard me. Stop it! Stop it!

MIKE: Stop what?

WOMAN: You're raping me with your eyes.

MIKE: What?

(The woman then punches Mike in the Stomach several times)

MIKE: Owwww!

Welcome to one brief flash of my life. There are many more, just as strange. I will post more of these from time to time. Why? I don't know. They're just mental clips from the television show that is my life. I call it The Mike Show. Stay tuned.

No comments: