Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Ladies Man

I have a history of clumsiness with the opposite sex.

From calling someone the wrong name during an intimate moment, to popping a wine cork at point blank range into the forehead of my date - I've done it all.

I can trace this inept behavior all the way back to my very first kiss. I couldn't tell you what my date and I did throughout the course of the evening, but I remember to this day how it ended. It was my first kiss. How could I forget?

It was winter and cold. At the end of the evening we pulled into her drive way, got out of the car and together walked to her front door. After some awkward small talk, I leaned into kiss her, but the collar of my coat somehow ended up between my lips and hers and I found myself kissing my own coat.

I was so caught up in my own adolescent bliss that I didn't realize this until I was almost half way home.

Yes, I'd say it's safe to say that women have talked about me.

No comments: