Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Mike Show: Episode 4 - The Japanese Tourist

Welcome to the fourth installment of The Mike Show. Here is where you can read actual dialog from my past.

Today's adventure didn't really happen to me, but I was there and I witnessed it. The year was 1979 and I was living in New York City. I was at a bus stop waiting for the next bus. There was this elderly woman standing next to me. All of a sudden this car full of Japanese men pulled up to us. Here is the actual dialog that took place.

JAPANESE MAN: Excuse me. Can you tell me where the Chrysler Building is?

ELDERLY WOMAN: You found Pearl Harbor, you can find the Chrysler Building.

JAPANESE MAN: Thank you.

(The car drives off. Mike just stands there)

Keep checking The Mike Show part of this blog for more strange adventures from my past.

No comments: