Friday, September 4, 2009

The Art of the Excuse

I used to work with a guy that had so many off-the-wall excuses for being late or not coming to work, that they just had to be true. Here are the few that I can remember. I am NOT making these up.

1. I was late because I dropped my contact in the cat litter.

2. I was late because I couldn't hear the alarm because my daughter was throwing up.

3. I was late because it was my sons turn to set the alarm for the whole family and he forgot.

4. I won't be in today because last night I was chasing my kids and I ran into a tree branch.

5. I can't come to work today because the whole family has parasites.

6. I have to go home because my daughter has rocks stuck up her nose.

7. I won't be at work this week. I'm still in Texas. I was trying to take a short cut down this dirt road and I wrecked my car into a pack of wild pigs.