Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Truthful Friend

My first decade - ages one to ten, I was pretty clueless to the real world around me.

My second decade - ages eleven to twenty, I thought I knew everything, but in hindsight, I was more clueless than I was in my first decade.

My third decade - ages twenty-one to thirty, I thought I had it all together, until that nasty hindsight showed up again and made me realize that I didn't really know what I was doing at all.

My fourth decade - ages thirty-one to forty, I became more responsible, but once again was shown the truth by my old friend hindsight.

My fifth decade - ages forty-one to fifty, I did better, but hindsight proved once again that I was not perfect.

And now in my sixth decade, at age fifty plus, I feel that I have learned from all of my mistakes. Of course, I'll have to wait another ten years to find out if I'm right. 

No comments: