Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Last Laugh

I'm old enough to remember watching The Beatles when they made their American debut on the Ed Sullivan Show way back in the early 1960's. I remember me and my family all gathered around the television and the reactions all of us had as we saw John, Paul, George and Ringo for the very first time.

We had never seen or heard anything like The Beatles before and our initial reaction was to laugh - and that's what we did.

Years later I was in a movie theatre and they showed a preview for this new movie called "Star Wars." It looked really silly, and I remember everyone in the theatre laughing all the way through the trailer.

Several years later you could not turn on your televsion set without seeing the ads for a new station dedicated to just music. Everywhere you went you heard "I want my MTV." And of course, we laughed.

All of this kind of makes you wonder what the future holds for the people and things we are laughing at today.

No comments: